The Northern Rochester Transportation Study is being conducted to review existing and projected future conditions in the study area related to traffic, safety, social, economic and environmental issues.
Two informational sessions will be held at the Community Presbyterian Church, 3705 55th Street Northwest. The first session is from 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. with a short presentation at 4 p.m. The second session is from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. with the presentation at 6 p.m. The same information will be presented at both sessions.
The open house is an opportunity for business and property owners most affected by the project to ask questions and provide feedback about the Northern Rochester Transportation Study.
Project managers from Mn/DOT and the city of Rochester will be available to answer questions about the study and provide updates about the alternatives being presented.
The following key issues have been identified:
- Congestion and safety issues along 55th Street Northwest due to heavy traffic volumes and closely spaced signalized intersections.
- Restriction of local traffic circulation due to a lack of a west frontage road between 55th Street Northwest and 65th Street Northwest.
- Congestion and safety issues associated with closely spaced access locations along the East Frontage Road (Bandel Road) north of 55th Street Northwest.
- Desire for access to Highway 52 at 65th Street due to potential development surrounding this area.
- Need to preserve mobility, operations and safety on Highway 52.
To learn more about the Northern Rochester Transportation Study and sign up for update alerts, visit http://www.northernrochesterstudy.com/.