Rochester’s bonding projects are in jeopardy of not happening! The Mayo Civic Center expansion project alone will have a huge impact on the regional and state economy. It is expected to create 1,200 jobs (400 construction jobs and 800 permanent jobs) and increase the Mayo Civic Center’s economic impact by $44 million per year.
These tourist dollars fill hotels and restaurants. Tourists shop in Rochester stores and keep our residents employed by bringing their business here. This, and other projects in the bill, is essential to Rochester’s economy. We need to make sure Rochester receives the tools to prosper economically and retain and grow jobs!
Rochester area bonding projects include:
- Southern Rail Corridor
- Mayo Civic Center Expansion
- Classroom additions and renovations at RCTC
- Co-location of Workforce Development Center at the RCTC Campus
- Multipurpose Corridor Acquisition
- Lake Zumbro Restoration
- Rochester MnDOT facility upgrade
- National Volleyball Center
Register today for Rochester on Tour. To register, click here or call 507-288-1122. We have extended the registration deadline to Noon on Monday, Feb. 22.